i have a dell latitude d 510 running win.7 pro do i need an antivirus program or windows defender enough

italiano

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
i purchased a dell latitude d 510 and came with avira antivirus and avira launcher do i need it or windows defender enough protection i notice windows defender is turned off

Solution
Avira is antivirus software, whereas Windows Defender isn't (it defends against other kinds of malware), so you need both.

However, I would try an alternative AV to see if you can find one which uses less system resources.

I eventually settled on Comodo, although I use their Internet Security suite rather than just the AV:

Assuming you're running Windows 10: https://antivirus.comodo.com/antivirus-for-windows-10/
"Windows Defender" and "Avira" are quite different. Both do a good job, but neither covers everything. I have both plus "Spybot" and "Ad-Aware". And I run them all regularly.

With our computers connected to the net all the time, and so much is accessed that is downloaded to your device, it is way better to be safe and run extra stuff than it is to run less and risk issues. All it takes is one little thing to sneak through and wreak havoc on your system.

While I know "Avira" can be really annoying when it automatically starts doing things and using the resources while you are in the middle of something. That is my major pet peeve about the program, that you can't turn that aspect off and choose when all stuff is done, it is still better to have it. Or you can try a different software that does the same thing.

Avira is antivirus software, whereas Windows Defender isn't (it defends against other kinds of malware), so you need both.

However, I would try an alternative AV to see if you can find one which uses less system resources.

I eventually settled on Comodo, although I use their Internet Security suite rather than just the AV:

Assuming you're running Windows 10: https://antivirus.comodo.com/antivirus-for-windows-10/

Solution