I have a Dell xps l502x and it suddenly started freezing and nothing can be done only a hard reset. Any help please

squidiw

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
My laptop started freezing really frequently nowadays, and nothing can be done unless a hard reset. I was using a Windows 7 but now am using a Windows 10 and still it freezes

Solution
Did you do an upgrade from 7 to 10 or a clean setup? If upgrade, try a clean setup after backing up your files and nothing settings for email and such.

Try different RAM or one RAM stick at a time, also run a disk check, there should be a utility to scan the hardware in the BIOS. If none of those come out with anything good, it may be a video card or motherboard issue.
Did you do an upgrade from 7 to 10 or a clean setup? If upgrade, try a clean setup after backing up your files and nothing settings for email and such.

Try different RAM or one RAM stick at a time, also run a disk check, there should be a utility to scan the hardware in the BIOS. If none of those come out with anything good, it may be a video card or motherboard issue.

Solution