I have a DVD Player/Recorder with only compositve cables and a tv with only HDMI, how can I connect the DVD Player?

newyork716

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I have a DVD Player/Recorer with the Red White and Yellow Cables..and NO HDMI....how can I connect this to my tv which only has open HDMI slots? Thank you!

mreed018

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
HDMI is digital and Composite is analog. Unfortunately, you cant convert the two without additional hardware like a converter box. What other option does the dvd player have? You can only convert analog to analog which the commons are VGA, S-video, RCA, Composite, and DVI-A. The common digital connections are HDMI, DVI-D. The best solution would be if your TV has a VGA and an audio input since Composite to VGA adapters do not require any additional hardware. Hope this helps.

mreed018

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
HDMI is digital and Composite is analog. Unfortunately, you cant convert the two without additional hardware like a converter box. What other option does the dvd player have? You can only convert analog to analog which the commons are VGA, S-video, RCA, Composite, and DVI-A. The common digital connections are HDMI, DVI-D. The best solution would be if your TV has a VGA and an audio input since Composite to VGA adapters do not require any additional hardware. Hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
O Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
O Streaming Video & TVs 4