Solved! I have a green, blue and grey cables in my power cord. Which is earth or protection color?

Aug 24, 2018
My power cord broke at the plug. I have a three prong plug to replace it, but the colors are different to my country' s coding. I need to know which color ( grey, green or blue) is the one that goes to earth. Iwouldn't want to short circuit my laptop. Its the only one i have and my connection to the outside world! Thank you!

Solution
Usually, it's green, but the best way is to find a Ohm-meter, and ring the cable to make sure. I suppose you know what pin on the plug is ground ;)

But if I was you - laptop power bricks use two or three types of power cables, you would better go and get one from a store.
Usually, it's green, but the best way is to find a Ohm-meter, and ring the cable to make sure. I suppose you know what pin on the plug is ground ;)

But if I was you - laptop power bricks use two or three types of power cables, you would better go and get one from a store.

Solution
Aug 24, 2018
Thank you so much, Alabalcho!

Your recommendation is spot on, but I took the risk of choosing the green one to what we call "earth", and I'm answering from my now powered-up laptop! By the way, yes, in my country ground is the odd pin, or vertical.

Again, thank you for taking the time for such a correct answer.