Solved! I have a old Bose lifestyle 5 I would like to hook up to my new Samsung smart TV

Dec 22, 2018
Need help. Not a tech person. Would like to use my Bose lifestyle system 5 with my new Samsung smart Tv model un50f5500afxza. Only have RCA jacks on back of Bose.

Solution
Information about what connections the TV has isn't consistent. It may have 3.5mm stereo mini jack for analog audio output. You need a cable with that plug at the TV end and two RCA plugs at the Bose end. Check the TV manual in case you have to turn the audio output on and the TV speakers off in the TV menu.
If it has a digital audio output (coax or optical) you will need a digital to analog converter and cables to connect it.
Information about what connections the TV has isn't consistent. It may have 3.5mm stereo mini jack for analog audio output. You need a cable with that plug at the TV end and two RCA plugs at the Bose end. Check the TV manual in case you have to turn the audio output on and the TV speakers off in the TV menu.
If it has a digital audio output (coax or optical) you will need a digital to analog converter and cables to connect it.

Solution