I have a old CD/DVD sony,sharp VCR,Sony Blu-Ray,and LG Smart TV.

dcb60

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
I have a old CD/DVD player and a old VCR a new Blu-Ray and a new TV LG smart UHD4K. I don't have cable tv,I have a TV converter box so we can watch TV. How do I connected them together to work?Is it possible?If so how do you do it and what cables do I need?I'm tech challenged!

Solution
If your new TV has a coax RF antenna input you no longer need the converter box. Connect the antenna to the TV, set it to over the air, and scan for channels. If it doesn't and your box has HDMI out then use that. If it doesn't have HDMI then it won't output HD. You want one that does.
The BD player will play your DVDs and CDs so you don't need the old CD/DVD. Connect the BD player to the TV with HDMI. TV sound is pretty poor so using the built in TV speakers for music doesn't sound acceptable to most people. If you get a soundbar you can connect the old DVD/CD player directly to it with a stereo audio cable. You may need one with a 3.5mm stereo mini plug on the soundbar end.
The VCR has a composite video + audio output. Check the TV...
If your new TV has a coax RF antenna input you no longer need the converter box. Connect the antenna to the TV, set it to over the air, and scan for channels. If it doesn't and your box has HDMI out then use that. If it doesn't have HDMI then it won't output HD. You want one that does.
The BD player will play your DVDs and CDs so you don't need the old CD/DVD. Connect the BD player to the TV with HDMI. TV sound is pretty poor so using the built in TV speakers for music doesn't sound acceptable to most people. If you get a soundbar you can connect the old DVD/CD player directly to it with a stereo audio cable. You may need one with a 3.5mm stereo mini plug on the soundbar end.
The VCR has a composite video + audio output. Check the TV manual on how to connect it. If it has a shared component video (3RCA)+audio(2RCA) you may need to set the input to composite in the TV menu. If you don't do that you will get a black & white picture. You will need an AV cable with a yellow RCA for video and red and white RCA for audio.

Solution