i have a older jvc tv that does not have a hdmi port but it has svideo output but my cable box has a hdmi output can i hook up

Barry_21

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
heres the deal i have a jvc tv with no hdmi port but has a svideo port but my cable box has a hdmi port and i wanna hook up a roku
please help me

Solution
Hello. I'll assume this is an older JVC, such an i-ART model, or the likes.

To hook-up a cable box or Roku, you will need a HDMI to Composite converter. Such as:
Amazon

This will allow you to view the HDMI signal on your tv set. Though this type of conversion isn't without issues. The text WILL be small, and unfocused. It will also be in letter box format, so black bars on top and bottom. If it isn't in letter box, you will be missing text on the left and right.
Movies will look perfectly fine, but any TV Guide or Roku menu might be a hassle to browse.
Hello. I'll assume this is an older JVC, such an i-ART model, or the likes.

To hook-up a cable box or Roku, you will need a HDMI to Composite converter. Such as:
Amazon

This will allow you to view the HDMI signal on your tv set. Though this type of conversion isn't without issues. The text WILL be small, and unfocused. It will also be in letter box format, so black bars on top and bottom. If it isn't in letter box, you will be missing text on the left and right.
Movies will look perfectly fine, but any TV Guide or Roku menu might be a hassle to browse.

Solution

Barry_21

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016

Unlike older VCRs, DVD players do not have any input. You cannot insert a picture into the DVD. They only have HDMI output. The image only goes one way: towards the TV set.

There's no easy solution to plug a HDMI signal into an older 480i tv set. A converter is the only way to go, sadly.