i have a roof mounted antena with a digtal converter box. On and off for the past serveral months I am getting no signal on s

kalolina

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
Hello,

I have a roof mounted antenna and installed a digtal converter box on the tv when it was mandated. Everything has worked great for past six years but lately a lot of channels will read NO SIGNAL. This is starting to happen with more channels.

Is my digtal converter box going bad or possible another issue. My old fashion antenna worked better than digtal.

Solution
The digital converter boxes were mostly all extremely cheap so I would not expect longevity. Having said that the connections from the antenna can affect signal strength so if you can get up on the roof and re-terminate the antenna wire with a new connector and clean the contacts that the 300 ohm to 75 ohm adapter make on the antenna itself it might help. Maybe you can add an amplifier to boost the signal.
The digital converter boxes were mostly all extremely cheap so I would not expect longevity. Having said that the connections from the antenna can affect signal strength so if you can get up on the roof and re-terminate the antenna wire with a new connector and clean the contacts that the 300 ohm to 75 ohm adapter make on the antenna itself it might help. Maybe you can add an amplifier to boost the signal.

Solution