I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Right now it says: SD card is damaged. Try reformmating it. What does this mean? What should I

Sep 10, 2014
I don't want to loose my pictures and am afraid to take my SD card out. During the summer it happend and my pictures that i needed to send to someone vanished.

Solution
See if you can view the files on your PC. If you've lost your files, try recovering them with software like Recuva. If you can't get your PC or your phone to read the card, put it back in your phone and format it. Once formatted, try recovering files with Recuva.

SourSkittle

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
See if you can view the files on your PC. If you've lost your files, try recovering them with software like Recuva. If you can't get your PC or your phone to read the card, put it back in your phone and format it. Once formatted, try recovering files with Recuva.

Solution

SourSkittle

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
The phone is telling you that it can't read the SD card, and you may need to reformat it. I don't have much time to explain what formatting is, but it wipes everything on the card and makes it just like new.