I have a Samsung smart tv model UN55D6300SFXZC. Netflix stopped working. Telling me to upgrade software. Nothing to upgrade.

Kgilbert680

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
You need to go onto samsung.com and go to owners and support. Under that click downloads. Find your tv. Then you will need to download the update for your specific tv. Once it is downloaded to your PC, extract the files inside. Save onto a flash drive. Plug the flash drive into the tv. Then go to menu, support (I think) and there should be a software update feature. Click that and choose from USB. It should then update the tv and Netflix should work. The extraction of the files will only work if you have a PC. Samsung doesn't have a Mac version. Hope this helps. Took me hours to figure all this out!

zeehotwater

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
Thank you for your response. But when I go to Support on the tv the Software Update option is gray and not a clickable option. What now? (I watched Netflix just fine at 3 this morning!)

Kgilbert680

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
Once you download the upgrade onto the flash drive and put into the TV, It should no longer be grayed out. Then choose via usb to upload the file. Hope that works for you
Thank you for your response. But when I go to Support on the tv the Software Update option is gray and not a clickable option. What now? (I watched Netflix just fine at 3 this morning!)

[/quotemsg]

zeehotwater

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
Thank you once again, but apparently I still have a problem. When I download the compressed file I don't get the option to "unzip" it. I can open the file though but the folder is called "image" and inside the folder there is no executable file. I tried to still use that file on the tv but it tells me it can not locate the file. I tried to get help from Samsung's site but the technician chatting with me could not understand the problem. Any insight? (Oh, and I'm downloading the correct update for my television. I pulled it up three times from their site and the technician forwarded it to me once for a total of four downloads of the same file. None of them worked.) I'd appreciate any help you can provide!

[/quotemsg]

Kgilbert680

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
Do you happen to have a Mac?the .exe file won't open in that. That is exactly what happened to me when I was trying to use the Mac. When you click on the file on a pc it should unzip. Otherwise I am stumped!

[/quotemsg]

gzibyebe

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
Then choose via usb to upload the file. Hope that works for you
6OloU6