I have a sub from a surround sound that has two wires. How do I convert it to RCA to plug into my receiver?

Jon_38

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
My sub is from a Samsung surround sound system that I want to use on my stereo receiver that uses a RCA plug for the sub. How can I convert this?

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Dec 26, 2012
Depends. You won't be able to use the sub if the sub is amplified, with a signal that's already amplified from the receiver. It'll only work if the receiver has a low level output. If the sub has no built in amplifier and the receiver puts out a line level signal, either splice the wires or buy an adapter (cheap). The signals need to match or its a no go.

The Samsung sub in my surround sound from my Blu-ray / surround is a line level, 2 wire output, looks like 22 Guage speaker wire, but my JBL has a built in amp but capability of either line or low level inputs, the line level bypasses the amp.

Jon_38

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Thank you

Jon_38

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

The sub does not come with a built in amp I found out so your statement is indeed true. Thanks again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Defyant51 Audio 1
K Audio 3
Y Audio 2
T Audio 3
RJGrayLight Audio 1
DakiMC Audio 1
T Audio 1
T Audio 0
M Audio 5
H Audio 3
T Audio 1
J Audio 2
W Audio 1
R Audio 4
D Audio 3
A Audio 2
C Audio 1
B Audio 1
A Audio 1
G Audio 1
Similar threads
Question What would be better for Laptop gaming? Stereo or Surround Sound 7.1?
Question How to connect blue ray surround sound to tv
Question Logitech z607 5.1 surround sound has weak bass
Question Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System
Question Bass Sensitive Gaming Speaker Suggestions
Question 5.1 surround plays sound on all speakers instead of separately
Question We have an old 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Player with speaker wire connections which has died.
Question RV surround sound connected to and in dash radio. Surround sound says check wires. I have a 2002 Monaco Windsor that came with a Sony in-dash radio a
Solved! Back speakers bluetooth while keeping wired for rest of my 7.2 surround sound system?
I have a windows 10 pc with a wired 5.1 surround sound. Also.in the same room (but not near to) I have a PS3. Is there any way
How do you hook up Optical surround sound to Bare speaker wires
I purchased a surround sound setup for my basement living room. I was told when I bought the house it was wired for ss already
change a wire surround sound receiver to connect wireless speakers
Receiver with speaker wire output to surround sound speakers
Surround sound Speakers in travel trailer, but one side not working. How to test if there is break in wire. Wire is in walls
problems setting up a/v receiver to in-ceiling speakers
How do you convert old surround sound wiring to new hdmi adaption?
RCA SURROUND SOUND SPEAKER WIRES
Connecting a wire to an RCA pen jack for sound surround
Solved! 5 1 surround sound 3 5mm jack wiring for pc

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS