I have a toshiba satellite laptop and it's been trying to download windows 10 for the past 15 hours.

Grouville girl

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
I've tried to switch it off but 2 white lights remove 'on' with one flashing. When I open up again it's still on the update page with a notice 'keep PC on until this is done. Installing update 1 of 1'. What can I do to stop the download and to cancel future automatic updates?

Solution
Hi,

Stopping the update might cause some problem during this period but if you really want to stop it do a hard reset. Remove the battery and AC adapter off then press and hold the power button for around 20 secs. Put everything back together and turn it back on. If gets back on the desktop you can just rerun the update. I would suggest connecting the laptop to the internet with wired connection to speed up the process of the update and make sure to plug the laptop on it's charger as well.
Hi,

Stopping the update might cause some problem during this period but if you really want to stop it do a hard reset. Remove the battery and AC adapter off then press and hold the power button for around 20 secs. Put everything back together and turn it back on. If gets back on the desktop you can just rerun the update. I would suggest connecting the laptop to the internet with wired connection to speed up the process of the update and make sure to plug the laptop on it's charger as well.

Solution