I have a turtle beach x12 headset and I just got a laptop. My laptop only has one audio jack so I bought a splitter and plugge

The Real Beandip

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Your question got cut off because you put it all in the topic section. But by audio jack are you reffering to the 3.5 mm jack with a green ring around it? If you are trying to use just that you dont need to on a laptop. Look for a jack with a picture that looks like a speaker or headphone next to it and plug in the green cable from your x12s. Now look for a cable with a microphone picture near it and plug in the pink cable. Now plug in the usb from the x12 and youre good to go

KristoferWynn

Estimable
Jun 1, 2014

I am having a problem. My laptop does not have two jacks on it. It only has a headphone jack. I bought a 3.5mm splitter a couple of days ago, and it doesn't work. I plug the headphones with the corresponding jack on the splitter and it works just fine. But, when I plug the microphone with the corresponding jack on the splitter it doesn't work at all and it just uses the microphone that is hooked up to the laptop. Please help me.

aliu84

Estimable
May 31, 2014
Check your computer sound card settings. You'll be able to find the option to switch the input and outputs... I have the same headset and thats what I do. The splitter should work the same way..

wildmonkeycar

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
Unfortunately, a basic splitter is not going to solve your problem. I have x12's as well and only have one port on my laptop. What you're going to need is a voice-audio connector that allows voice to go in and sound to come out through the same port. I've looked around but I haven't found one yet. It almost has to exist though, because there is no way you and I are the only ones with this problem. I hope this helps. If that connector does not exist, I'm gonna try to make one soon enough.
Updated 9-22-14:
Found one! The best part is, it's under $10!
Here's the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186035&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-USB+Converters-_-N82E16812186035&gclid=CI3eldrP68ACFZTm7Aod7GEAmg

I hope this helped you.

samwinpipe

Estimable
May 26, 2015

Hi there. Can you confirm if the adapter you linked to solves this problem? I'm about to get an X12 myself but my laptop only has one port. I want to make sure this splitter works so I don't end up spending so much on an unusable headset. Thanks

ArchonNoble

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015

You can also find this same device on amazon in a newer version, that costs less, and has volume controls on it. Also with no shipping fees if you have prime.

electrolightning

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

How did it work? I've had this problem forever and I'm just now finding a thread about it so just letting you know that this is really helpful if it works. :)