I have Acer aspire model ms2360 laptop. I cant open my DVD rom .. Do u have any idea how to open it? I tried clicking pressing

Solution

Many laptops that have slot-loading DVD drives (those that insert the optical disk directly, rather than placing it on a tray) typically lack an accompanying eject button on the drive itself. The eject button is often located elsewhere on the laptop, often alongside other buttons to control volume, screen brightness, wifi, etc... These buttons typically require an OEM specific driver which can be acquired from your laptop manufacturer's website. If you can't find them, or this doesn't work, try pete's advice and right-click on the drive in My Computer to eject it.

non-smoker pete

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Go to the Desktop and double-click My Computer. Windows Explorer will open; find your DVD drive and right-click it. Choose "Eject" from the list and the drive should open.

Good luck, let us know what happens. If it doesn't work, you might have to disassemble the laptop, which might be out of your comfort zone.

Pinhedd

Distinguished

Many laptops that have slot-loading DVD drives (those that insert the optical disk directly, rather than placing it on a tray) typically lack an accompanying eject button on the drive itself. The eject button is often located elsewhere on the laptop, often alongside other buttons to control volume, screen brightness, wifi, etc... These buttons typically require an OEM specific driver which can be acquired from your laptop manufacturer's website. If you can't find them, or this doesn't work, try pete's advice and right-click on the drive in My Computer to eject it.

Solution
Look to see if you have a manual eject pin-hole.

Eject_03.jpg

If so, use a paperclip and insert into the pin-hole to eject the tray.

-Wolf sends