I have an Alienware m15x however it laggs whilst playing diablo 3 and many other games

PineapleYeti

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
I I have an Alienware m15x however it laggs whilst playing diablo 3 and many other games. Could this be caused by one certain component or is it just simply because the laptop is "old"? Its from 2011.

Specs are:

Intel core i7 Q720 (1.6GHz)
4g Ram
NVidia GeForce GTX 260m
Hard Drive: WDC WD5000BPVT-00HXZT3

Could it be due to the ram? or would getting a ssd suffice?
Do not have an unlimited budget. Was hoping to get this sorted as cheap as possible...is it at all possible?

PineapleYeti

Solution
Try running cleandisk and defrag and ensuring there is plenty of HDD space freed up. Then update your graphics drivers, ensure your AV and malware programs clean up any nasties running in the background that slow the system down. Diablo 3 should run fine on this.

You probably have a heap of other processes running in the background ... get rid uf unwanted rubbish off the lappy too.
Try running cleandisk and defrag and ensuring there is plenty of HDD space freed up. Then update your graphics drivers, ensure your AV and malware programs clean up any nasties running in the background that slow the system down. Diablo 3 should run fine on this.

You probably have a heap of other processes running in the background ... get rid uf unwanted rubbish off the lappy too.

Solution