i have an i7 4710mq laptop and usually on idle it is at between 45-55 but when i convert?

esaelias

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
i was using xilisoft video converter and my power settings were on high perfomace and the temos were upto lilke 90's withing seconds hot air was from the side

its a new laptop is that how they supposed to be?

i have hp cool and sense on aswell

Luca Rood

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Well, if you use a laptop for intensive applications, don't expect it to be cold. When I tried rendering on my laptop, it got to 95 easily. If you are planning on doing graphic stuff frequently, you are better of with a desktop, though 90 degrees is still well in the safe area. So don't worry too much, but keep in mind that laptops don't have breathing room, and weren't designed for intensive applications.

Luca Rood

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014

Well, in that case I guess there is something wrong with your power circuitry. I think you should contact the manufacturer's support to sort that out, as you said it's a new laptop.

esaelias

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
well i downloaded skyrim today played it with plug funnily it was thr first time i played it and the setting automatically were on ultra high

i ws shcoked
becasue my lapt isnt a gaming pc

checking the specs

its i7 quad core 4700hq at 2.4 but on cpu its always on 3.2ghz
ram was 8gb i uogared it to 16 ram now (just today)
1 tb hard drive
and the grpahics is a medoum range 840m

highest degree after 20 mins play was 64 degree is that better?

esaelias

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

well it ranges from 65-75 when gaming without the plug in

i havent tried video conversion but when i did it it was on high performance with plugged in i will test and write back

Luca Rood

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
I would say that you'r just fine in the 70's.
I just find it strange that your laptop went up to the 90's, and now for no reason has "fixed itself".
Well, anyway, if your laptop stays in the 70's it's really ok, even if it gets to 90 on havy load it's probably ok for a laptop. But you should worry if again you notice a cpu temp difference with and without the power plugged in!

esaelias

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

hi luca i was playing assAISN CREED nearly all on high with power plug in the fan goes crazy and i have hm montor on it goes upto 78

is this ok? pretty hot air comes out.......it actulally goes to 85 is that ok