I have an insignia LCD. while watching, the tv just turned off. now the indicator light is not on, and it will not turn bac

Solution
Depending on the exact model, it would be cheaper to just to replace it. Insignia is a lower range brand and you will need to at least try replacing the power board, maybe other things in it unless it's in warranty.

catmanlove

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
Sorry hang-the-9 But your suggestion to Deep 6 the cheap, piece of crap TV, might have been great advice but you failed to answer his basic question as to how fix it. Most people come here to attempt to fix equipment problems. The last time I needed advice I wrote to Dear Abby -- Oh I guess she is dead now. So much for advice. BTW I was just asked today to try to fix the same problem with the same model TV. If I fix it I will provide an answer to his question of years ago . Also the old parts, boards, for this model are very cheap these days; likely because most of these cheap TVs are broken. John

3 years ago this was not an "old" part since this post is that old. If someone was capable of repairing the TV themselves they would have found out how without a new post and gotten the parts. Buying parts and paying someone to do the work on a TV is a waste of money when you can replace it with a new one as cheaply with a fresh factory warranty, or buy a working used one. And why replace a low quality TV with parts from that same model low quality TV so they can also fail soon? Band-aid fixes are only good if you like playing with parts not if you want a working TV. In addition there are many posts on here where people replaced both power and system boards without fixing the TV.