I have an older tv no hdmi and im trying to hook cable box to to my amp and dvd

May 18, 2018
I have an older tv with no hdmi im trying to hook my cablebox and dvd to my amp so i can listen to tv or if i want dvd or radio i can what do i need

Without makes and model numbers we can't guess what connections the TV, cable box, TV and amp have.
If the TV has an audio output connect that to your amp. You might need a converter of some kind depending on what kind of output the TV has and what kind of input the amp has,
If the TV doesn't have an audio output then connect the video out of the cable box and DVD to the TV and the audio outputs directly to the amp, You could split these outputs and connect them to both the TV and amp. Then you could use the TV speakers or the amp.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Audio 2
J Audio 9
J Audio 2
A Audio 2
S Audio 7
S Audio 1
S Audio 3
M Audio 3
A Audio 1
K Audio 1
M Audio 1
C Audio 1
A Audio 2
I Audio 5
N Audio 1
B Audio 1
P Audio 4
D Audio 5
J Audio 1
R Audio 1
Similar threads
Question How can I use a VGA computer monitor on an older AV receiver that has composit rca out?
Question How do I connect an older Yamaha AV receiver with no optical or HDMI, only RCA, to my TV and able to play sounds.
Solved! How to connect older Kenwood model 104 AR AM FM receiver to new Samsung 7 series UHD TV
Solved! Receiving Bluetooth on an older amplifier
I have a older model Emerson VCR with just yellow and white connection on my Samsung smart TV there is a picture but no sound
I have. 2 older kliosch heresy and two brand new ones. With a Sony center chanel powered by a Sony str dh750. My question is d
No sound from my new Yamaha Soundbar connecting to older model Sharp LCD Aquos
I am trying to hook my direct tv box to an older tv that has no HDMI ports all it has is Ant/cable in and s-video and rca jack
Need help with older surround receiver with new roku smart TV
I have a Blu Ray wifi disc player, connected to my older model Sony flat screen, but not getting any sound..hellllppp
How to get my sound working when using lg dvd player and sylvania older style tv
Trying to connect older Samsung DVD/VHS player to HD TV. I ran 2 sets of red/white from "OUT" on DVD/VHS to "IN" on TV. Then
Pairing Vizio Soundbars to Older System
I have an older TV (1 HDMI and coax outputs). I would like to connect cable box (1 HDMI, 1 Optical)
HELP run smart TV to older receiver
How do i hookup my samsung 55 hdtv, direct tv box and my older Yamaha receiver that does not have HDMI cable but it does have
Help please with older surround sound hookups
Older Panasonic Surround sound won't work with new TV (not a smart TV)
Sound from older receiver not working on HDTV with HDMI cable box
How to get Older Stereo RCA Cabled to work with HDMI connecting Laptop to TV

ASK THE COMMUNITY