i have asus fx550v i7-7tg gen laptop, how to open dvd drive? i check my computer and no dvdrw can be seen

paulalit13

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
asus fx550v i7 laptop.. how to open dvd drive? no eject button.. i click my computer , also no dvdrw eject

Solution
First take a look in Device Manager and expand "CD/DVD Drives" to see if a CD drive model is listed.

If one isn't listed then your laptop doesn't have one.

What you can see on the right-hand edge of your laptop is most likely a plastic blanking plate covering the empty bay where a CD drive would normally be on those Asus models which ship with one fitted. That's why there's no eject button, it's just a blanking plate to cover the empty bay that's behind it. An optical drive was probably an optional extra on your model.

YoAndy

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017

Because they have similar models like the fx550VX, sometimes they use the same case and eliminate some features available on the more expensive models, in this case is the internal DVD drive.

First take a look in Device Manager and expand "CD/DVD Drives" to see if a CD drive model is listed.

If one isn't listed then your laptop doesn't have one.

What you can see on the right-hand edge of your laptop is most likely a plastic blanking plate covering the empty bay where a CD drive would normally be on those Asus models which ship with one fitted. That's why there's no eject button, it's just a blanking plate to cover the empty bay that's behind it. An optical drive was probably an optional extra on your model.

Solution