I have connected my Bluray DVD to my sound bar with an HDMI cable, then the sound bar to the tv with. N HDMI cable and optical

Apr 21, 2018
Connected Bluray to sound bar with HDMI cable, sound bar to tv with HDMI cable and optical cable. No picture or sound. Tried Bluray directly to tv with HDMI cable, picture but no sound. Help!!

Solution
Connect the BD player to the TV directly again. Go into the audio menu of the player and try changing the settings. It may not be set to output audio via HDMI. If you get sound then now you knowt the player is working.
If the TV and soundbar both have HDMI-ARC and you have plugged the soundbar HDMI out to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV then you have to go into the TV menu and turn ARC on. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio type. You also have to select HDMI-ARC as your source in the soundbar.
If they don't both have ARC then you can use the optical connection. It would require the similar set up as the ARC.
Connect the BD player to the TV directly again. Go into the audio menu of the player and try changing the settings. It may not be set to output audio via HDMI. If you get sound then now you knowt the player is working.
If the TV and soundbar both have HDMI-ARC and you have plugged the soundbar HDMI out to the HDMI-ARC input on the TV then you have to go into the TV menu and turn ARC on. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio type. You also have to select HDMI-ARC as your source in the soundbar.
If they don't both have ARC then you can use the optical connection. It would require the similar set up as the ARC.

Solution