I have had a power surge come through my HDMI cord into my RCA 5.1 Dvd/Tuner Home Theater Systems box from a Roku box

85penn

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
I have had a power surge come through my HDMI cord into my RCA 5.1 Dvd/Tuner Home Theater Systems box via the other end of the HDMI cord that was plugged into a Roku box that was powered by a 12v cord with a 5v dc when the 12v cord universal generic charger should've been 5v max and this made my RCA Dvd player unit lose everything electric light's/functions except for the red stand by light. Once I push power the red light goes off and there's no sound of life and if I try to push power again no red light just nothing unless I unplug the unit plug it back in red stand by light comes back on but will go off if I push power.

Solution
If it's out of warranty you might as well try opening the RCA to see if there is any evident damage. Unless you have some technical skills in most cases the cost of replacement is cheaper than the cost of repair for this kind of HTS. Usually no parts available from the manufacturer either.
If it's out of warranty you might as well try opening the RCA to see if there is any evident damage. Unless you have some technical skills in most cases the cost of replacement is cheaper than the cost of repair for this kind of HTS. Usually no parts available from the manufacturer either.

Solution