I have HDMI "High Speed" cable conneceted from PC to TV, but still cannot see anything on HDMI settings

nleibo

Prominent
Jul 27, 2017
Trying to duplicate my desktop to my TV, I have an HDMI "High Speed" Cable running from Windows 7 Desktop to TV HDMI port--I don't see ANYTHING! Would that be because the HDMI Cable is "High Speed"?

Solution
The cable being high speed is not an issue.
Check that you have the HDMI connection on in the video or graphics control panel. If your monitor is higher video resolution than the TV then you will need to set the TV to it's native resolution (probably 1920x1080).
The order you boot the PC and select that HDMI input on the TV makes a difference. Try booting the PC after you select the input on the TV. The cable itself can be an issue especially if it's longer than 2-3m. Try a different cable. Try a different input on the TV.
The cable being high speed is not an issue.
Check that you have the HDMI connection on in the video or graphics control panel. If your monitor is higher video resolution than the TV then you will need to set the TV to it's native resolution (probably 1920x1080).
The order you boot the PC and select that HDMI input on the TV makes a difference. Try booting the PC after you select the input on the TV. The cable itself can be an issue especially if it's longer than 2-3m. Try a different cable. Try a different input on the TV.

Solution