I have HDMI splitter J-Tech Digital HDMI converter to audio

MickeyDM

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
I have HDMI splitter J-Tech Digital hooked to TV but there is no sound coming through the headphones. What else is needed?

Edited for better info: HDMI cable runs from TV to HDMI input on the splitter. Headphones are plugged in to audio output. TV plays but I do not hear output from headphones.

In TV setup, there is choice of TV, Video, Component, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3. I want to view TV but listen with headphones and from what I read, the HDMI splitter was the answer but is not working for me.

If the HDMI out were connected to my computer would I be able to use headphones on computer? Guess I could answer my own question there. :-D

The article that I read said that he could use headphones with the device. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance. [hearing impaired]

G

It is most likely that the HDMI connections on your TV are inputs, not outputs.
Do you have audio outputs on the TV (digital coax or optical) or even RCA that you can connect to your headphones?

MickeyDM

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014

You are right! The TV manual shows HDMI In slots.
Yes, the TV has audio outputs but the headphones will not fit in the hole. I was told that digital sound could not be hooked to analog headphones; thus the reason for conversion. Probably why there is no headphone outlet on newer TVs.

Thanks for answering.