i have headphone problems

Rolls_Reus

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
I have been using my Razer Kraken Pros for about 3 years and for some reason my mic picks up all of the sound in the headset + it has a static noise.I was thinking of getting a sound card and i wanted to ask if that will fix my problem or not?

Solution
My general suggestion is that you go into the Playback and Recording Device settings (via the speaker icon, usually located in the lower right screen corner) and go through all of the various tabs and properties.

You might be able to find some combination of settings that will reduce audio pickup by the mic. There can be, and often are, many things that you can configure.

Experiment some just to see what happens. Change only one thing at a time (keep notes) and try values (e.g. balance) that do not necessarily make sense. Use the full range of options.

As for it being a common Razer Kraken Pro 2013 Edition problem then I would suggest that you also contact Razer. They may be able to offer a fix or a replacement. Look at...
Test the Razers on some other systems and sound sources.

Test as much as you can: earphones, mic.

See if the problem continues.

Need to know if the problem is in the headphones or not. If in the headphones a new sound card will not fix the problem.

Rolls_Reus

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

well at the moment i am using earphones instead of the headphones and use the headphone mic for communicating,the mic picks static noise still but it doesn't pick up the sound in the earphones..Is there any way i can fix this?Its really annoying

Static can be from interference, loose connections, partially broken wires, and shorts.

Start on one end of each involved wire and gently wiggle and twist along the length. See if you can stop the static or make it worse. Do the same around and with the plugs.

Plugs tend to be the source in my experience just by the nature of their design, assembly, and quality.

Look for damaged insulation, bare metal showing, hard kinks/knots. Any possible physical wire or connector problems.

Likewise for the ports being used. Hold the plug as steady as you can to see if the static stops. Or wiggle and move the plug around a bit until the static stops.

Does not take much movement to cause static and many low end priced products the plugs and wires will degrade quickly. And probably were not truly up to the necessary requirements and tolerances to begin with.

If you can narrow down the static source then a fix such as a new plug or splice may or may not be viable

Rolls_Reus

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

Do you know how to fix the microphone picking up the sound from the headset and there is still the hussing sound in the background it never is actually silent..Is this not possible without an audio interface

Physical repair depends on the nature and location of the problem. May not be fixiable at all for some devices.

You might be able to go into the various Mixer, Playback, and Recording device properties and make some adjustments therein to minimize the static or hissing (aka "white noise").

There could be any number of other things you can try based on the circumstances. Google "microphone hissing" and see if any of the links are applicable to your situation and setup.

Just try one thing at a time and always keep track of what you do so you can undo if need be.

Rolls_Reus

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

If i buy a sound card will that fix some of my issues?

Not necessarily.

Need to go back a step.

Do you have an existing sound card or are you just using the built-in motherboard audio connections?

If the problem is a physical problem with the Krakens then no.

If the problem is a physical problem with the existing sound card/motherboard then a new sound card might fix it.

I used the word "might" only because I am not sure that the problem has been narrowed down specifically enough.

Do you have a family member or friend that will loan you a sound card to test with?

Rolls_Reus

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

I am using the built-in audio connections(the rear connections) and sadly i don't have anyone who can loan me a sound card..

Not sure what else to suggest at this point.

One thing you could try is an 3.5 mm extension cable. Plug the earphones into the extension cable and the extension cable into the PC.

The difference in the plug fit may be just enough to quiet things a bit. But the premise therein is that the problem is physical and related to the plug and port connection.

That said, it could be worthwhile to purchase a sound card and see if that helps. Especially to get away from the motherboard port.

Maybe someone will sell you a used card that they no longer need or want. Verify that the card works beforehand - could save you some money also.

All you need is a basic sound card to test with. Download the drivers from the manufacturer, install all, and see.

Rolls_Reus

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

I tried the extension cable and it didn't work..I think the ports are the problem and if i put my headset in the front jacks it only worse..I have a H81M-R Motherboard and i use the main pci slot for my graphics card and above that it has a smaller kind of pci..on the motherboard it says PCIEX1_1 so i wanted to ask what kind of sound card to i need and can i get a suggestion of one?

You will need a sound card that uses a PCIe x1 slot.

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creative-Sound-Blaster-SB1040-X-Fi-Xtreme-Audio-7-1-PCI-E-Card-Optical-In-Out-/150627532811?hash=item231219c00b:g:H0IAAOSwFqJWs9AO

There are other choices available. Just be sure that the card is for a PCIe x1 slot.

For more information check this link:

https://www.directron.com/blog/what-is-pcie/

Somewhat lengthy however PCIe is described right at the start and the rest is pretty much history and explanation.

Overall point being that it is all too easy to mismatch the card and slot.

Rolls_Reus

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

I want to bring this up again.I bought a new sound card(asus xonar dgx) and the microphone hussing noise is gone but it still picks up the audio that my headset is receiving.This seems to be common problem with the Razer Kraken Pros 2013 edition..

My general suggestion is that you go into the Playback and Recording Device settings (via the speaker icon, usually located in the lower right screen corner) and go through all of the various tabs and properties.

You might be able to find some combination of settings that will reduce audio pickup by the mic. There can be, and often are, many things that you can configure.

Experiment some just to see what happens. Change only one thing at a time (keep notes) and try values (e.g. balance) that do not necessarily make sense. Use the full range of options.

As for it being a common Razer Kraken Pro 2013 Edition problem then I would suggest that you also contact Razer. They may be able to offer a fix or a replacement. Look at their Forums and FAQs. Not uncommon for manufacturer's to "overlook" some problem and just quietly fix things on the side. Send them an email and document the issue and correspondence. Maybe you can get a warranty replacement or a refund.

Solution