I have old school tv and trying to hook up dvd player tv only has yellow and white components and has game mode. I cant figure

poecj545

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
My old school tv has only game mode and yellow and whit components and i want to hook it up to my dvd. How do i fing the video imput with a remote?

Solution
Can't give you a precise answer since I have no idea the makes and models of the TV and DVD.
Yellow RCA jack would be composite video. The white RCA jack is mono audio. If the DVD has two audio outputs choose one and connect it to the white RCA jack. If it doesn't have these outputs at all then you would need an active HDMI to AV converter. A passive cable won't work.
The TV remote should have a button labeled input or TV/Video. Older TVs sometimes went to the video input by channel tuning below 2.
Can't give you a precise answer since I have no idea the makes and models of the TV and DVD.
Yellow RCA jack would be composite video. The white RCA jack is mono audio. If the DVD has two audio outputs choose one and connect it to the white RCA jack. If it doesn't have these outputs at all then you would need an active HDMI to AV converter. A passive cable won't work.
The TV remote should have a button labeled input or TV/Video. Older TVs sometimes went to the video input by channel tuning below 2.

Solution