I have one HDMI cable and one component video and audio cord. I want to record onto my DVD VCR. help me

Solution
You don't specify what source you want to record from. TVs don't have video outputs so you cannot record directly from the TV. If you have a cable box or outboard over the air tuner you can record from that. They are likely to have composite video outputs that you can use for the recorder and HDMI out for the TV.
Go online and google "HDMI to component".

Found these via Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahdmi%20to%20component%20converter

Not always a simple plug and play as the details (specifications) can and do matter.

Remember you are dealing with different physical connections, analog/digital conversions etc. so sketch out the connections you need.

But the search will get you started.... Always good to look at the User Manual/Guides beforehand at the Manufacturer's website. Their diagrams can help also. Or you may come across some appropriate diagrams just as part of the search results. Add the word "diagram" to your search critieria.

You don't specify what source you want to record from. TVs don't have video outputs so you cannot record directly from the TV. If you have a cable box or outboard over the air tuner you can record from that. They are likely to have composite video outputs that you can use for the recorder and HDMI out for the TV.

Solution