Solved! I have purchased HP laptop arround 10 months ago. My laptop is over heating within 15-20 mins. But the fan is working because

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2018
I have purchased HP laptop arround 10 months ago. Now my laptop is over heating within 15-20 mins But the fan is working because I can hear the sound & feel the airflow. I have selected the power saver Option of power option in laptop & the brightness is very low. Can u tell me what is the problem?

Solution

Contact HP if it's in warranty and you think it's too hot. Or open it up and make sure fans/vents are clean and apply new thermal paste to the heatsink.
Sep 30, 2018
No it's not shutting off. It is on still I work on it but it is hot enough. No I have not checked the monitor temperature. Can u guide me how to check monitor temperature? And plzz tell me what is the actual problem.

Install HWMonitor, run it. Use the laptop and see what the temps get to. No idea what the problem is since there is no issue yet aside from you thinking it's getting too hot. It may be normal.

Contact HP if it's in warranty and you think it's too hot. Or open it up and make sure fans/vents are clean and apply new thermal paste to the heatsink.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.