I have two front tower speakers of POLK of 150 watts of 8 Ohms and surrounds of 100 each of 6 ohms so which AVR I have to use

rk1080

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
I have two front tower speakers of POLK of 150 watts of 8 Ohms and surrounds of Onkyo of 100 watts each of 6 ohms so which AVR I have to use,totally its a 5.1 channel.Speakers

Solution
The power specifications you state are probably the maximum recommended power. You will also find a minimum power. If you stay within that range you will be fine. If your room is larger than you would lean towards a higher powered receiver.
Be aware that actual power on inexpensive receivers is usually much lower than the power rating you see on the spec sheet. You will find that there are 100 watt surround receivers at vastly different prices and that price difference isn't just for features. Rule of thumb is the heavier it is the better the power will be.
The power specifications you state are probably the maximum recommended power. You will also find a minimum power. If you stay within that range you will be fine. If your room is larger than you would lean towards a higher powered receiver.
Be aware that actual power on inexpensive receivers is usually much lower than the power rating you see on the spec sheet. You will find that there are 100 watt surround receivers at vastly different prices and that price difference isn't just for features. Rule of thumb is the heavier it is the better the power will be.

Solution