I have two speakers each of 50W which is connected to a 250W Amplifier. Do this connection makes any damage to my speakers?

Anuj_007

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I have two speakers each of 50W which is connected to a 250W Amplifier. Do this connection makes any damage to my speakers?

Thanks

kanewolf

Judicious
Only if you play it very loud. A 250W amp (and they measure them differently, some are watts per channel and some are total watts), will only output 1/10th to 1-5W at normal listening volumes. If you crank up the volume with LOTS of heavy base, then you could damage the speakers.

Anuj_007

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
Actually, this sound system is used in my Church. A 12 channel mixer is connected to the Amp. Now the Amp master volume set to 3.5, Bass around 4 and treble around 6 or 7. So what changes should be made to hear a clear voice than a rough tearing noise through the speakers? Or, is it the problem of the Mixer adjustments? (All 12 channel of the Mixer is using, one for the Keyboard.)

Defeat the EQ adjustments and turn the output volume down. Make sure that the input volume isn't set to high,
If the noise is still there then the speakers have already been damaged by turning the bass up and playing too loud. The speakers will need repair or replacement. If you can replace them with speakers that handle the power you have it will be best.