I hit and then it froze...

Apr 13, 2018
Hello, I was really frustrated and then I hit right side near the touch pad. And then after couple of minutes my screen froze. I couldnt do anything, not even open task manager, so then I shuted down and after turning on again it was loading but didnt even loaded even after like 30 minutes. I tried everything I could find, but no results. Then I tried to system recovery with BIOS and it were loading files and then black screen, but not completly black, it was light black. Same happend after it was loading "Preparing automatic repair". Of course I tried to re-install windows via USB, it showed windows logo and was loading, after it loaded it was again light black screen. So I think it happend because of a hit. My hard disk is under that place where I hitted. Plus when I turn my laptop the hard disk sound fine.
Yes I know I was stupid but nothing I can do about it.
My laptop is Lenovo G50.:(

Apr 13, 2018

So it can only be replaced if it damaged? Couldnt be possible to fix it?
And about how much would the replacment cost ~?

Apr 13, 2018

I dont remember or I never backed up my data :D. But there wasnt something really important just some downloads or apps.

USAFRet

Illustrious

You can't fix a physically damaged hard drive.
Replacement cost? Depends on size and what is available in your market.

A 1TB laptop drive is maybe $50-$60 USD.

Apr 13, 2018

Thanks for your answer, but still the hard drive sounds fine :/ No scartch sound ir jibberish

DSzymborski

Distinguished

Even if you could repair the hard drive -- which is generally less successful than repairing a watermelon you dropped off the roof of a building -- it would cost more to repair than to buy a new hard drive.

How much for a new one depends on what you decided to go with. You can probably get an identical capacity 2.5" hard drive for $50 or so. But you could also choose to install a better one.

USAFRet

Illustrious

"Same happend after it was loading "Preparing automatic repair". Of course I tried to re-install windows via USB, it showed windows logo and was loading, after it loaded it was again light black screen."

That appears to be a broken drive.
Sound or no sound.

DSzymborski

Distinguished

You're diagnosing a hard drive, not an opera singer.