I hope my laptop is not doomed.

Darwin_1st

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Alright so, I am using my laptop that has the charger plugged in, but doesn't have the battery.( I removed the battery to avoid the laptop overheating) That meant that if the charger got unplugged, the computer would instantly shut down. Unfortunately, that happened, and while that happened, I was running a software named CCleaner, and it was scanning and deleting junk files from my laptop. When I rebooted my laptop, I noticed that there was no audio. I tried many ways, and I noticed another problem. (I would go here: Start, Control Panel and here I wanted to click the links for example "Find and resolve problems" or "Back up computer" etc... but when I clicked these links, nothing would happen. Another problem I found, was when I wanted to troubleshoot the audio of my computer. I did so, and this error showed up: 0x8002801D.
Another problem I found is when I would go to start, and then I would type in "serviced.msc" there would be nothing listed. It would be EMPTY. Is my computer doomed???? Helllppp

Solution
Click Start > Run, type in System Restore. Got back to an earlier time. If that does not help, you'd need to boot of a Windows disk and run a Repair setup to try to fix this. That restores Windows files that the setup things were changed or damaged. If that does not help, you need to do a full clean setup of Windows.

Darwin_1st

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015

How am I suppose to do that?

Click Start > Run, type in System Restore. Got back to an earlier time. If that does not help, you'd need to boot of a Windows disk and run a Repair setup to try to fix this. That restores Windows files that the setup things were changed or damaged. If that does not help, you need to do a full clean setup of Windows.

Solution