I just played Resident Evil Village on MacBook Pro — and now I’m a Mac gaming believer

Oct 28, 2022
The Mac died a long time ago when it comes to gaming, too late for this expensive platform for no reason.
Your data on the game is not impressive when taking into account the price of the Mac.
By the way, you need to play RE7 to enjoy and understand the story of RE8.

Oct 28, 2022
The Mac died, but long live the Apple Silicon Mac. With the advent of the Apple Silicon based MacBooks, the hardware has had a fundamental change bring excellent power/performance. With Metal 3/MetalFX, I expect that a number of exciting titles with fantastic performance will come to the Macverse.

Will it supplant PC gaming? Of course not, and I don't expect that the article writer implied that either. But for those that have purchased the new Apple Silicon series of MacBooks (which has been a surprisingly phenomenal market success for Apple), a number of select AAA titles will become available "natively".
It's more reborn and in its infancy.
I'm not saying one should run out and purchase an Apple Silicon MacBook for gaming, but it's not dead. It's got more legs than Google Stadia ;)

Reactions: ikir
Nov 3, 2022
Playing it on MacBook Air M2 and Mac Studio M1 Max... it works so good that it is unbelievable

Nov 4, 2022
The Mac died a long time ago when it comes to gaming, too late for this expensive platform for no reason.
Your data on the game is not impressive when taking into account the price of the Mac.
What it's good for is people like myself who are in the design field and have an M Series MacBook Pro that enables us to play these games at respectable settings and frame rates when away from our desktop gaming rigs... I've got a 5950X/3080 Ti setup as my main gaming rig , but when I'm away from that, it's nice to be able to filter all the Mac games on Steam and play something from my library

What I'd really like to know, specifically about RE:V is... will the Metal 3 version come to Steam so I don't have to RE:Buy it :)

Can't find any info on that

Nov 24, 2022

Apple's ongoing and accelerating success must be painful for you to watch.

Love to see it.