I just recently purchased a new TV and a soundbar. The TV has no optical port and my sound bar has an usb port an optical port

Aug 21, 2018
I want to connect my sound bar to my TV. My sound bar is an LG and my tv is an RCA. Buying others ain't an option because these are brand new.

Solution
We can't guess what connections you have.
If the TV has a headphone jack or coax digital audio out you will need to convert that to optical audio.
If the TV doesn't have any audio output you can't connect a soundbar or HTS to it. You would have to connect it to any external sources (cable box, DVD, etc) directly.
If you were sold one to go with the other the seller should exchange one to make the combo work. If you made you own selections online then the seller isn't a fault so you may have to pay a restocking fee.
We can't guess what connections you have.
If the TV has a headphone jack or coax digital audio out you will need to convert that to optical audio.
If the TV doesn't have any audio output you can't connect a soundbar or HTS to it. You would have to connect it to any external sources (cable box, DVD, etc) directly.
If you were sold one to go with the other the seller should exchange one to make the combo work. If you made you own selections online then the seller isn't a fault so you may have to pay a restocking fee.

Solution