I know I'm infected, done EVERYTHING

TK61951

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
i'm on the downstairs computer, as mine won't let me log into this site, or any other for that matter. I noticed my computer being screwy yesterday. Logins take me to unrelated searches (auto parts, Adult dating). I've spend the last 4-5 hours doing everything on that malware sticky on this site. The one that says to boot in safe mode, malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, ccleaner registry tool, cwshredder. Done it all, and it found a lot of junk. The programs scans cant find anything else, but I know i'm still infected. My AV is microsoft security essentials. my computer is custom built Intel dp45sg extreme series board with windows 7 professional. Internet explorer wont stay open for longer than 5 seconds so I use google chrome. I can't uninstall IE 9 either, its not on my programs and features list.

Don't know what can be done... HELP! Do I need to just format???

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
Probably better off to just wipe and start over. However, you can try removing the drive, attaching it externally (USB) to a proven & known clean machine, then scan it to within an inch of its life with AV and Malware scanners. It's virtually impossible to clean everything off of a drive that's active (booted) as rootkits and the like can actively hide. However, once the drive is mounted as just a data drive the files are not active and can not hide.

silhouttejames

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Remove Win 7 Antispyware 2012 and Vista Antivirus 2012 name changing rogue (Uninstall Guide)

Scroll down to: "Automated Removal Instructions for Win 7 Antispyware 2012 & Vista Antivirus 2012 using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:" and follow the instructions from there.