I left my Toshiba laptop on battery only forgot it and now it won't charge or run computer

mistaken1

Estimable
Mar 8, 2014
Toshiba Sattelite L670
forgot it was on battery only and when I went back there was a message saying Battery Critical ..the screen was black, now it won't charge and computer won't work at all. Hope someone can please help me with what to do. Do I need a new battery or does it need a repair?

Solution
Batteries for laptops are alot like batteries for cars. They can just blank. For your laptop if you pull it out and plug it back in and still no effect than you need a new one. Take the thing out completely. If you can turn on the computer without it in than you still have a working computer.
If not proceed to step 3. There can be something wrong with the power supply module within the laptop itself (that is definitely not good) it would probably cost you just as much to replace it as it would to start saving for another laptop.

mcgee101

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Batteries for laptops are alot like batteries for cars. They can just blank. For your laptop if you pull it out and plug it back in and still no effect than you need a new one. Take the thing out completely. If you can turn on the computer without it in than you still have a working computer.
If not proceed to step 3. There can be something wrong with the power supply module within the laptop itself (that is definitely not good) it would probably cost you just as much to replace it as it would to start saving for another laptop.

Solution