I love my Android tablet, but wouldn't recommend buying one

RedHagar

Estimable
Jan 16, 2021
Speak for yourself! My whole family has them and we use them more than any other device in the house! They are very useful for reading and streaming but they make amazing Tik Tok devices, browsing works great, I sometimes remote control Windows machines with it, play music, browse forums, online shopping, etc, etc. The most important device next to my phone!

Jan 7, 2023
We used to have ipads but never really used them for anything but netflix and YouTube. Then we switched to Samsung tablets and now we use them constantly. They are actual useful tools, having Google assistant makes it easy to remote control by voice, the DeX experience is fenominal when I need to use it for work, the kids play a lot of 3d games and it just works when controlling all our smart home devices.
The screens and cameras are just a lovely experience to use compared to the ipads.

caromero1965

Estimable
Nov 24, 2018
And this is why ai opted for a Chromebook tablet. HP, granted it is refurbished but with 8gb RAM it can actually run most Android apps just fine and because it runs full Chrome you have all the web based apps as well . So Google Drive and associated apps like Slides work fine. Can take the place of my Windows laptop for most of what I use that for

Atlanticboy

Commendable
Jul 8, 2020
Completely disagree, but I also think that's the beauty of tech today, it can be all things to all people.
The two tasks that Marshall uses a tablet for I would never dream of using mine for. I use mine for surfing the net, emails, social media and games. My current tablet is a Lenovo Tab4 8 plus which I've owned since 2017, the battery is starting to go and was thinking of upgrading but 8" tablets are now being replaced with 10" models, which I don't want. So I think I'll try replace the battery on this Lenovo (£20) and hope the rest of the hardware keeps going.

AG2

Jan 7, 2023
As someone who is using Android tablets since their introduction, i strongly disagree with you. Also I switched to a Chromebook tablet a year ago as it gives me opportunity to do serious coding, I still believe that Android tablets could be very useful for definitely more than these two reasons. It does not seem that you discover full potential of these devices
kermit-the-frog-looking-for-directions.gif

Jul 31, 2022
I bought a tablet years ago and practically never used it, but my 94 year old mother uses one exclusively. It's much more convenient for her than the laptop she used to use, and she'll never have a smart phone.

Otoh, i completely disagree that a phone is in any way adequate for watching videos, so if i did that I'd use a tablet. Generally, i avoid videos, though

Jan 7, 2023
The thing about android tablets is.. they don't quite make it... I bought a Chinese Android tablet many years back, for its time it was more advanced than the top model here in the UK, but cost a lot less, I used it once or twice until I discovered the Windows Tablets, my first was an Asus which got used daily but was not as powerful as I needed, but then I saw the microsoft surface pro range and migrated to the Surface Pro immediately, these are a full blown windows PC, they do everything that a PC does and everything an android tablet does, and are faster and better than the ipad. And now with the new Windows 11 it can run all the apps you find in googles play store. It can run all the full software packages as well as apps and games, in reality its 3 systems in one, its a tablet, a PC and a large phone and it runs everything blazingly fast. Don't buy Android tablets get a Surface pro, even the second user ones are a quality item. My first surface I bought in 2014, since then I have never needed a laptop, PC , Android tablet or games console, the surface pro 's can do the lot I went for the top model because its the ultimate machine and they are built to last, oh they are perfect for drawing sketching, designing , and editing photos too.. they work best when using the surface pen but can take a bit of getting used to, but once you've mastered the pen everything becomes much easier... BTW there are 3rd party compatible pens available if you don't like Microsoft's version....

Jan 9, 2023
I use Android tablets daily. My current Tablet is Lenovo YT-X705L. Using it for control my Smarthome, as additional portable media center, watching Youtube, Twitch, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest ... , Watching e-books, comics, news, listening podcast and music, Online Shopping. Sometimes playing games. As a weather station, monitoring webcams. I prefer not using my smartphone as possible. I even consider buying additional tablet for kitchen.

Jan 11, 2023
If you can't think of a single reason for anyone -- anyone! -- to use a certain device, you're not thinking hard enough. My Android tablet is an absolutely essential piece of my home music studio. It pairs with audio workstation apps like ProTools and Cubase so that I can work away from my desktop to record vocals and instruments. During mixing, it serves as a mini-mixing board and controller, keeping essential functions within a single touch. I have a DJ mixing app to do web broadcasts (e.g. IG/Facebook/YouTube live). And oh yea, it's a great companion in the kitchen when cooking or washing dishes.

But it would literally take me two and three times as long to work on music without my Lenovo tablet, and certain things I wouldn't be able to do at all. I am 100% certain people in other creative professions find similar uses. You should really expand your imagination if all you can think of to use a tablet is to watch videos.