I may be crazy

Kevin_141

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Have a center channel pre out, was considering using a 3.5mm <> 2 RCA adapter to connect my Boston Acoustic 4.1 PC audio system to my stereo. Lol. Possible? Pros/Cons?

Solution
If you have all the other surround speakers but the center channel you could connect the center channel out to the BA speakers but you only want one of the speakers to play so connect it to the right or left input and only connect that speaker.
If you are trying to use the complete 4.1 system you would need a complete set of line level outputs not just the center.
i think you need to be more specific....

you mention pre out - i'm guessing you are referring to a low level non amplified output which is good however you said center channel... why would you want to connect up to a center channel output with a 4.1?

the 4.1 set only takes a stereo input? that would mean it fakes quadraphonic. it should take a 4channel or 5channel input (4 or 5 rca plugs if it uses rca).

what are you trying to do exactly? does the stereo have existing speakers and one broke while you are trying to fix it with this system or are you trying to replace all the speakers on the stereo?

you are sure they are non amplified outputs? normally the main stereo outputs are all powered for speakers being attached without any aux outputs. you need to make sure as if you connect powered speakers (the pc speakers) up to a powered output you could have problems (worst case if you have the volume levels up you could blow the speakers).

why 4.1 to the center channel? that doesnt make sense and the 4.1 has no center channel as well.

--

if you expect a good answer, you need to give us more information to work on.

If you have all the other surround speakers but the center channel you could connect the center channel out to the BA speakers but you only want one of the speakers to play so connect it to the right or left input and only connect that speaker.
If you are trying to use the complete 4.1 system you would need a complete set of line level outputs not just the center.

Solution