I mean it aint a laptop, but man did i screw up. Please help me fix it

Alex_Jones6

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Well this is hilarious. Im going to kinda write it like i was in r:tifu.

So heres my setup
-imac early 2013 21.5 inch
-hard drive previously i had took out of my old laptop that had windows ten. The power connector fried there and i couldn't get it to work a gain so i took out the hard drive

What i did was i restated my mac in boot mode, and select the efi drive (my hard drive), and normally it boots fine. About a day ago i saw that it said repair drive? Press any key to skip. The first time i skipped it and everything was fine. The second time, i wasnt fast enough, and then i knew... i had screwed up. Very soon it booted into the user panels and i logged on fine.

But then it turned into hell. I logged on, and the desktop had no background. My task bar showed no items, except for one blank file icon, and it said when i tried to open it, the file was deleted. Thinking this was a display problem, i right clicked the desktop and selected display settings option. It then proceeded to give an error message of something like there is not files matching this commmand. Something like that.

Also i cannot simply click an icon on my desktop to run it, i have to run it as admin, even though i am an admin. When i open a file folder, it says you dont have access to it, and then i have to give it admin access.

Also, i cannot click on cortana or the windows logo at the bottom left, or any icons in the bottom right.

I tried troubleshooting but it didnt go all the way because it encountered an error.

Also worth mentioning... ive done setups like this with windows on mac before many times. Whenever i do it, i use a support file that apple has full of drivers. Sadly the auto install never works and i have to manually install each driver. But this computer, i did the exact same thing, and everything seemed to work, except for the nvidia display drivers. I could never get those to work. So i downloaded them from nvidia, and the first time i downloaded it dint work, but the second time it did.

Now i have to run everything through the windows and r button, and i have no previous restore points that i can go back to :(

What do i do, i am very close to resetting and/or reinstalling windows and starting over.

Other points to mention
-i recently installed gta 5
-the startup does a wierd list of commands (about 8-10) saying its starting up in phases.
-i cant startup using the uefi mode at all.
-safe mode does nothing to help
-it worked perfectly until a few days ago.
-the hard drive is connected via usb
-it was from a dell laptop and idk how to use the recovery partition

Edit 1- also links to good sites on how to fix would be nice too.

Alex_Jones6

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016

But how, I don't have my original product key or laptop shell? Also I updated more than a year ago