I messed up my PC and NEED HELP PLEASE!

TheSavageApe

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
Heyy everyone I am new to this forum and I am in dire need of some help!

I recently decided to do a wipe on my custom PC that a friend built for me about 2.5 years ago. Now I have had the iso for windows 7 and have installed it and windows is currently running on it now.

However I think I still have to download all of the drivers for the PC? It is not allowing me to connect to the internet either VIA Ethernet cable. I also cant access my graphics controller to set up my dual screens... it is not registering my ASUS screen either...

I think I went into this not fully understanding what I needed to do .. I am now in way over my head and have no idea what to do now... the computer is useless to me at its current state...

Thank you for taking the time and reading this I NEED HELP!

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

First thing, calm down. It's fixable. :)

Yes, you will need to install the drivers for your LAN to make it work. You will have to download the drivers for graphics card.

Most of these drivers can be found on your motherboard's website or with the CD that came with your motherboard.

- Sam

Every device has a uniquie HardwareID and you can find it in the device's properties in Control Panel>Device Manager.

You need to click on teh Details tab then note down the four characters which follow VEN for Vendor and the four which follow DEV for Device.

Input the DEV reference into the relevant box at http://www.pcidatabase.com then find the VEN in the list which shows up. Use your browser's Edit>Find facility to track down the relevant device then follow the link to the relevant driver.

Do that for the ethernet device then transfer the driver to the sick PC. After that, the system can find all the other drivers.

If your friend who built the system didn't give you a motherboard CD, I wonder if he gave you the Windows Product Key. You could face activation problems without it.

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

You are very welcome. Have a great day / evening! :)

Thank you so much Sam and Everyone else! That was a lot easier than I had imagined and was expecting ! You guys deserve something!

The best thing you could do for Sam is to award the Pick as the Solution button on his post. That adds to his Tom's kudos and makes future folk trust his advice. I could do it for you but it looks better coming from you.

Sammyjo20

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

Thanks, Saga Lout. I love your signature by the way! haha