I need a gaming laptop

Anthony Jeffery

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014
I have a really old MacBook right now and it's slow and it keeps crashing whenever i try to play a game. i am a kid meaning i dont have a lot of money. my budget is around $300. all i need is a good gaming laptop that lets me play minecraft, and league of legends without crashing every time. again the price range should be around $300. tnx guys. please leave some responses

Dylzan

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013

Nothing, the laptop I have has a 610m (the worst dedicated GPU) and it was £450.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
$300 is not going to get you anything worth having in a laptop. However you could pick up a tablet, that would be good for a kid. I never had a laptop as a kid be grateful you have one.

cub_fanatic

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
At that price range you are looking at integrated graphics or a used laptop. Here is a $310 Dell with a 1st gen i5 (dual core with hyperthreading, so 4 logical cores and HD Graphics). http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7586757&Sku=M977-141407 This should be fine for many games that are more demanding than Minecraft and LoL in 720p. It is a refurbished unit which is why the price is low. The specs are about the bare minimum for most modern games - some of the newest games it probably can't even get more than 10 FPS. Anything below that from Intel like an i3, Pentium or Celeron as well as the older Core 2 Duo is probably a waste unless it is in the $150 or under range and you are not playing anything made after 2009 on them. There are all kinds of low end AMD laptops that can easily play those two games for under $300 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=4018&IsNodeId=1&Description=AMD%20laptop&name=%24200%20-%20%24300&Order=BESTMATCH it will take a little research to decide which one is best for you and has the best specs and features. But as for performance, most of them are about the same and have the same resolution (1366x768). Your best option is to save $100 or $200 more and buy an i5 with a low to mid range Nvidia GPU in it. Nvidia doesn't make entry level low end mobile GPUs anymore because the newer iGPUs are almost as good and use way less power which is crucial in laptops. You might be able to find some of the old Fermi GT or GTX 5xxM and Kepler GT or GTX 6xxM GPU laptops with Sandy and Ivy Bridge i5s in the $500 range used or refurb'd. I don't think they are new in stock anywhere anymore as most new laptops are Haswells with GT or GTX 7xxM.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
That i5-520m Compares to a modern core i3 when running at 2.7GHz (since many games can use 2 cores), it should be roughly equal to a current generation Haswell core i3 running at about 2.15GHz. And the i3 will have much better integrated graphics, nehalem has horrible intergrated graphics.

For $300.00 she/he isn't going to get what he/she wants. A $300.00 laptop isn't going to make it over a year, it isn't going to be of quality.