I need a laptop for 3dmax\Cad\ Rhino Work&Rendering

G

Hi,

I'm going to buy a laptop in a couple of months when I go to the states. I am an architecture student and my current Lenovo 3000 n100 isn't up to the workload anymore (to say the least).

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

1_What is your budget?

In the $1500 region

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15.4'' -17'' (lighter is better since I lug it around alot)

3_What screen resolution do you want?

1920x1200 would be nice

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need?

The more the merrier

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Don't play that much (Last game I got was C&C 3)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

I work alot with Autocad, 3dmax, Maya, Rhino, Revit, Photoshop and Illustrater (Very 3d intensive)

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

The more the merrier (320GB - 500GB is good), I will get an external hard drive in any case to supplement it.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

Lenovo outlet store

anywhere really...

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

As long as possible

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

Right now i'm looking at getting a Lenovo w500 or w700
since they have openGL graphic cards (which seems to be the best for 3d work, unless i'm mistaken).

Do I need 8Gb of RAM? Quad processor?
No, really, do I??

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I like Lenovo, have had a good experience with them and they're reliable!

Heard bad things about HP

13_What country do you live in?

Israel (purchasing in the states)

Any tidbit of info will help!