I Need A Tablet That Can Handle Many Pictures And Texts

hainan

Estimable
Jun 23, 2014
I have a friend who owns a restaurant and he offers an astounding number of sushi and sashimi dishes. It's often difficult, with so many offerings, for a server to know the ingredients of each offering and it's also difficult for the customer when he or she wants to look at and determine which offering to choose.

The owner wants to purchase several tablets that can be used for information purposes by both the server and the customer. He wants to put 500 to 1000 pictures on the tablets, with the ability to add a descriptive text for each picture. If this can be achieved by use of the tablet alone that's fine, but each tablet will have to have the same information and he doesn't want to have to configure and at times update the pictures and text on each one individually, which would be time consuming to say the least. He also plans to place a larger monitor at the sushi bar that would display the same information, possibly on a continuous, automatic rotation. The restaurant uses Windows computers at several locations throughout the restaurant so if the information will have to be composed on one of his computers before transferring it to the tablets the tablets will have to be able to connect with and be compatible with the Windows OS. Needless to say, these tablets must be user friendly for the server and customer.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could let me know which tablet would be the best for doing this. I suppose he would want a small tablet that is easy to use by both the server and the customer. He wants each observed page on the tablet to display only one picture and one description to make it easy for all involved, similar to how a digital photo album displays only one picture at a time. I don't think an iPad is the answer because nobody in the restaurant is familiar with the Apple OS. However, if an Apple iPad can be used in conjunction with his Windows computer OS to get this information onto the iPads I think he would have no objection to using Apple products. He will want appx. six to eight tablets total and I assume that he's looking for something small, such as six to eight inch screens. The OS can be Apple, Windows or Android as long as it's able to satisfy his needs. Perhaps his best bet is a manufacturer of both a smartphone and a tablet, which should make the transfer of the pictures and possibly the text much easier, provided the compatibility is there. I really don't know, which is why I'm here on this forum.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided.

C. B.

Solution
So what kind of budget are you looking for with these tablets? Let's start there. I'm assuming you do not want a 10" - 12" tablet as for portability reasons these would not be ideal. You're probably looking at something like a 8" - 9" tablet like a Saumsung Galaxy Pro 8.4 or a LG G Pad for starters. Ideally getting one with a removable SD card (that would immediately rule out Apple) would be what you would want since you can load the same photo set on every SD card and then that would save time and money transferring the photos to multiple tablets.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
So what kind of budget are you looking for with these tablets? Let's start there. I'm assuming you do not want a 10" - 12" tablet as for portability reasons these would not be ideal. You're probably looking at something like a 8" - 9" tablet like a Saumsung Galaxy Pro 8.4 or a LG G Pad for starters. Ideally getting one with a removable SD card (that would immediately rule out Apple) would be what you would want since you can load the same photo set on every SD card and then that would save time and money transferring the photos to multiple tablets.

Solution