I need FireFox to automaticly open up common pages on start!

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, can I make it so, I can code in FireFox (seperate shortcut on the desktop) to open up common tabs once launched?

For example, I click on the modified shortcut, and it opens up:

- Gmail
- Hotmail
- Ebay
- Paypal
- TomsHardware
- YouTube
- MBForum

etc etc? It should be fairly simple. How can it be done? FireFox already has a feture where you can save what it is you have currently open and then start that back up upon launch. But that will only happen once, not always.

Thanks.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Wow... Thanks randomizer that was what I was looking for. Just one thing though... How do I make that into a shortcut on my desktop? So when I click on THAT firefox shortcut, it opens up those tabs. Any ideas?

randomizer

Distinguished
Nope, can't say I've done anything like that. Maybe the program can take command-line parameters for what pages to open, not sure. Google can probably help you there.

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Right-Click on the shortcut > Properties.

In the target box put:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "www.hotmail.com" "www.ebay.com" etc.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Hmm, this is a good one but the problem is it dosn't open it into a new window, it opens it up as new tabs on the current window.

:(

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

O, no no. I ment it needs to open up into another window as tabs. As I want around 5-10 websites to open, but into one seperate window. If you know what I mean.

randomizer

Distinguished
In that case, start firefox (with no current widows open) using the Run dialog with the following:

firefox -P

This will open the profile manager. Create a new profile and start firefox with it using the profile manager. Set your home page to multiple URLs as I stated in a previous post using the Pipe (|).

Next, close firefox and create a few shortcuts on your desktop to the firefox exe. Open each one and in the Target box add the following to the end of the existing text after leaving a space:

-selectprofile "profile_name"

profile_name is case sensitive so you have to make sure it's exactly the same as the name you called the profile in the profile manager. This will open firefox with the profile you add in the Target box, including its home pages. Note that you'll also need to have a shortcut for the Default profile once you add more than one profile.

Each profile has its own cookies, passwords and bookmarks, and each new profile will start with the default bookmarks and no cookies or saved passwords until you've added some.

rodyhoffer

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Firefox also has an additional plug-in called "save session" where you can save the web pages you are currently working on.

You can retrieve them back at one click.

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

If that's the case then what I posted is what you need, right?