I need help to choose my new laptop

Stribox

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
First of all, Im not sure if I should being posting this on here but I dont know a better website to do. I've been reading this forum for a while and I think I can find useful tips here. Im not going to ask about PC components to build a pc, I would like to ask about a good laptop for editing (sound designer, maybe this is relevant) and eventually play some not too big games (League of Legends, Dota, CS Go...) both at maximum capacity and resolutions. Probably the best option for this is to choose parts and build a desktop but, since I need to be in constant move because of my work, the laptop is better in this case.
Any advice would be great, and again sorry if Im posting in the wrong place.

Thread title edited by moderator. - G

MasterDell

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Sorry about the delayed response..

The one you posted is fairly good actually.

However Dell released a very solid "value" gaming laptop here:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=dncwpw5716h&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

There are less expensive versions with that series but I recommend going with the one I linked.

All of the laptops in this series come equipped with a GTX 960 4GB. A lot of laptops come with 2GB of VRAM but this thing goes beyond that by doubling that which is very impressive. More VRAM means this laptop will be able to play modern games longer than say a GTX 960M with 2GB of VRAM. Another bonus is that this laptop is extremely easy to upgrade. One screw on the back and the upgrade able components become exposed. So let's say you need 16GB in the future.. That would literally take 1 additional 8GB stick and the removal of one screw. The upgrade would probably take no more than 2 minutes. (I think Dell offers 3 color combinations but I'm not sure). I'm actually going to be picking one of these up for university next year since it's such a solid machine

Here is a LTT Video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJPQfWCuxAo

Stribox

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
Im thinking seriously to taking this one, the problem is that I am in the UK and here is little bit more expensive, but thats other problem. Is there any way to compare prices? Maybe I could catch an offer somewhere...Also, how much would be buying apart another 8gb ram and 100-200gb ssd? And should be those components from DELL?

Thank you for taking time to answer.