I need help to decide on a laptop

Luciano_sa

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
Hi, I live in Argentina and here the laptops are very overpriced. But, a friend is traveling to the US and I asked her if she could bring me one. It has to be under 350 dollars. And i´ll use it for light gaming and watching HD movies and videos. Any recommendations?
Also, I saw this one: (https://www.samsclub.com/sams/hp-15in-nb-8gb-1tb-amd-a12-9600/prod21011199.ip?pid=_Aff_LS&siteID=aB8BeTfRgb8-La8E3fbnaPcBUT4h_TUvCA) but I found no information on the processor so anything regarding that would be nice.
Thanks!

Solution

Thats not a bad laptop considering its price. I personally would stay away from gaming...
If your friend will be spending time (eg a week) in US, she could order a laptop for you from online store like Amazon. Depending on where she will be staying, there might be brick-and-mortar stores around. BestBuy, Walmart are everywhere.

The laptop you've referred to is offered by a store, Sams Club, with "membership" - that is, she won't be able to go into such a store and buy it for you. And the processor is AMD, if you are a fan.

Luciano_sa

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016

Yeah, I know it´s an AMD the thing is that according to AMD it´s better than a core I5 but I didn't find any reviews backing that up so I'm a bit skeptical about its performance.
My friend will be staying two weeks in the US, so yeah I can buy from amazon Newegg and other stores like that. About the one I posted, I can´t buy that one? I mean it says free shipping so I assumed I would be able to buy it.
Thanks for the reply!

I can't tell a lot of that notebook. The funny part is that AMD' A12-9700 APU is not present in Tom's own CPU hierarchy...

Buying online still could be a problem - I am not a member of Sams Club, so I don't know how online ordering works, but on other similar clubs (Costco), one has to enter membership information when placing online orders (or present a membership card at the store).

Luciano_sa

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016

Its really weird, in CPU Boss it says rumored. Anyway i found a review of a very similar laptop and decided i wont be buying that one. I think im going wih this one (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315815) What do you think?

Thats not a bad laptop considering its price. I personally would stay away from gaming all together in this price range. For watching hd movies, it will be more than enough.

Solution