I need help to decide on a laptop

Luciano_sa

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016
Hi, I live in Argentina and here the laptops are very overpriced. But, a friend is traveling to the US and I asked her if she could bring me one. It has to be under 350 dollars. And i´ll use it for light gaming and watching HD movies and videos. Any recommendations?
Also, I saw this one: (https://www.samsclub.com/sams/hp-15in-nb-8gb-1tb-amd-a12-9600/prod21011199.ip?pid=_Aff_LS&siteID=aB8BeTfRgb8-La8E3fbnaPcBUT4h_TUvCA) but I found no information on the processor so anything regarding that would be nice.
Thanks!

If your friend will be spending time (eg a week) in US, she could order a laptop for you from online store like Amazon. Depending on where she will be staying, there might be brick-and-mortar stores around. BestBuy, Walmart are everywhere.

The laptop you've referred to is offered by a store, Sams Club, with "membership" - that is, she won't be able to go into such a store and buy it for you. And the processor is AMD, if you are a fan.

Luciano_sa

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016

Yeah, I know it´s an AMD the thing is that according to AMD it´s better than a core I5 but I didn't find any reviews backing that up so I'm a bit skeptical about its performance.
My friend will be staying two weeks in the US, so yeah I can buy from amazon Newegg and other stores like that. About the one I posted, I can´t buy that one? I mean it says free shipping so I assumed I would be able to buy it.
Thanks for the reply!

I can't tell a lot of that notebook. The funny part is that AMD' A12-9700 APU is not present in Tom's own CPU hierarchy...

Buying online still could be a problem - I am not a member of Sams Club, so I don't know how online ordering works, but on other similar clubs (Costco), one has to enter membership information when placing online orders (or present a membership card at the store).

Luciano_sa

Estimable
Jan 27, 2016

Its really weird, in CPU Boss it says rumored. Anyway i found a review of a very similar laptop and decided i wont be buying that one. I think im going wih this one (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315815) What do you think?

velo3100

Distinguished

Thats not a bad laptop considering its price. I personally would stay away from gaming all together in this price range. For watching hd movies, it will be more than enough.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fistinair Laptop General Discussion 0
M Laptop General Discussion 4
A Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 5
K Laptop General Discussion 0
mrhotsharkable Laptop General Discussion 7
V Laptop General Discussion 0
R Laptop General Discussion 6
S Laptop General Discussion 0
F Laptop General Discussion 11
S Laptop General Discussion 1