I need help turning on my laptop.

rjolliff857

Estimable
Dec 19, 2015
Last night my Samsung windows xp laptop turned off while on charger, " I was on it the entire day and it was working great". I have tried the trick with the battery, checked for loose connections, burns, and blown circuits and motherboards....everything is in great condition. I have also checked the cord. Can anyone help me p!ease?

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do try and reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly. After all these do try booting up the laptop again and see if it will load normally.
- Next to try is to test your AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Worst case is if all these will not work it's the motherboard that has the problem and repairing or replacing it would be the solution but you'll end up spending more money rather than just buying a new laptop.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do try and reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly. After all these do try booting up the laptop again and see if it will load normally.
- Next to try is to test your AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Worst case is if all these will not work it's the motherboard that has the problem and repairing or replacing it would be the solution but you'll end up spending more money rather than just buying a new laptop.

Solution