Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2019
As the title says, I need help upgrading my computer for VR games. Most games run fine, but a game called Beat Saber (beatsaber.com, https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1304877726278670) was laggy, so I upgraded my video card from an MSI Afterburner GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC to a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini.
Here is my current computer, too. The game definitely runs better, but it still lags (and I know that it lags more than it should from playing Beat Saber on a different computer using a GTX 1070, which barely lagged at all and isn't as good as the Ti version). I am wanting to further upgrade my computer to eradicate the lag, but I'm not completely sure what to upgrade. I have a feeling that it's either the CPU or motherboard bottlenecking the graphics card, but I'm not totally sure. What part(s) should I upgrade to make the game run better?

Jan 13, 2019

Thank you for the reply! I will get more RAM. However, the other computer that I was playing on also had single channel 8GB of DDR4 (I'm not sure what the MHz was, though), and it ran smoothly (even though he had the non-Ti version, but still). Would you recommend me getting dual channel memory?

Jan 13, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bushytail4 : "I (still) need help upgrading my computer for Oculus Rift"

(This is a repost of a question that wasn't answered correctly)

As the title says, I need help upgrading my computer for VR games. Most games run fine, but a game called Beat Saber (beatsaber.com, https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1304877726278670) was laggy, so I upgraded my video card from an MSI Afterburner GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC to a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini.
Here is my current computer, too. The game definitely runs better, but it still lags (and I know that it lags more than it should from playing Beat Saber on a different computer using a GTX 1070, which barely lagged at all and isn't even the Ti version). I am wanting to further upgrade my computer to eradicate the lag, but I'm not completely sure what to upgrade. I have a feeling that it's either the CPU or motherboard bottlenecking the graphics card, but I'm not totally sure. What part(s) should I upgrade to make the game run better?

The original post's answer was that I needed to upgrade my RAM, but a user named jojesa said that my memory wasn't the problem on yet another post. I still don't know what I need to upgrade to my computer and/or if my video card driver needs to be changed. My computer specs are in the quote block above ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.