I need help with a "green tea wet" laptop

Mohamed_173

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
So I accidentally spilt little amount of tea on the touch bad and the keyboard, the laptop shut immediately at the same moment the water touched it so of course I freaked out, I wiped it off, turned it upside down and removed the batter, I've left it for sometime to dry but still nothing at all, not a single sound. Is that normal?
What's the chance of it working again finely?

Solution
Chance's may be slim to none considering how the unit shut off immediately after the liquid/beverage contacted the keyboard and it the contacts. Reason I'm concerned and suggesting so is due to the assumption that the keyboard's contacts and the liquid caused a short and fried the circuitry.

You may need to go the extra mile by tearing the entire laptop down to the board, giving it a spring cleaning and also giving it a nice rub with isopropyl alcohol.

's under warranty, you won't be getting any support from the manufacturer due to the incident being from the user.

Lutfij

Splendid
Chance's may be slim to none considering how the unit shut off immediately after the liquid/beverage contacted the keyboard and it the contacts. Reason I'm concerned and suggesting so is due to the assumption that the keyboard's contacts and the liquid caused a short and fried the circuitry.

You may need to go the extra mile by tearing the entire laptop down to the board, giving it a spring cleaning and also giving it a nice rub with isopropyl alcohol.

's under warranty, you won't be getting any support from the manufacturer due to the incident being from the user.

Solution