Solved! I need help with connections

OnnMyOwn

Prominent
May 19, 2020
Please Help!!! I have an older standard TV that's hooked up to the cable using component cables-I also have a Tunerless ToshibaDR430 DVD Recorder that I had hooked to the TV I've moved & forgotten how to hook it back up. I originally had it rigged somehow where I could turn on the TV & record certain things that were saved on my DVR(It's hooked up to another tv in another room) but I can't remember how I had it rigged I think I had composite cables coming from the cable box into the television and the television cables going into the DVD Recorder and there was One Cable and all I had to do was switch the one cable from Out to In or In to Out(I don't know which one) and then I could record from the DVR-I don't know what I did wrong but I can't remember how to hook it up. Can you help me please?

Solution
The cable box output should be connected to the TV with the component video plus audio cables.
The cable box other output should be connected to the recorder with composite video plus audio cables. If it only has one pair of audio outputs then you will need a pair of Y splitters than have 1 male and 2 female RCA connectors.
The recorder should connect to the TV with component video/audio if the TV has a second component input. That will give you better playback. If the TV doesn't have a second one then use the composite video/audio to connect it to the TV.

OnnMyOwn

Prominent
May 19, 2020
Please Help!!! I have an older standard TV that's hooked up to the cable using component cables-I also have a Tunerless ToshibaDR430 DVD Recorder that I had hooked to the TV I've moved & forgotten how to hook it back up. I originally had it rigged somehow where I could turn on the TV & record certain things that were saved on my DVR(It's hooked up to another tv in another room) but I can't remember how I had it rigged I think I had composite cables coming from the cable box into the television and the television cables going into the DVD Recorder and there was One Cable and all I had to do was switch the one cable from Out to In or In to Out(I don't know which one) and then I could record from the DVR-I don't know what I did wrong but I can't remember how to hook it up. Can you help me please?

The cable box output should be connected to the TV with the component video plus audio cables.
The cable box other output should be connected to the recorder with composite video plus audio cables. If it only has one pair of audio outputs then you will need a pair of Y splitters than have 1 male and 2 female RCA connectors.
The recorder should connect to the TV with component video/audio if the TV has a second component input. That will give you better playback. If the TV doesn't have a second one then use the composite video/audio to connect it to the TV.

Solution

OnnMyOwn

Prominent
May 19, 2020
Thank you so much for responding. I hate to ask for even more help but reading this is like reading a foreign language.Do you have any images of these items & how to connect them? Thank you again