I need help!

day.john.19.94

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
Hello,
I feel like I have hit a dead end with my laptop.
It is a acer aspire one cloudbook 14 (A01-431-C2GN) -running windows 10- I have tried resetting it to it's factory settings several times, but it just keeps failing around the 70% mark. When I continue and exit with windows 10, the cloudbook restarts and keeps looping the start-up screen.
I have even tried a factory reset through the 'cmd.exe' a couple different ways but nothing is working. Any ideas?

Solution
Well without knowing why you are trying to do the reset, I can only guess at a solution. However, since the reset keeps getting stuck, you may want to try and turn off your WiFi (not in the laptop but from the modem/router) or if you cannot, then take the laptop somewhere there is no WiFi for it to try to connect to. Then try the reset.

If the problem is updates, which occurs a lot with Windows 10, then it should finish loading through. Then, once you have got it completely loaded again, turn on the WiFi or take it back to where there is WiFi again.

Windows 10 doesn't do well when any update doesn't install correctly, and can leave you stuck as has happened to you. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then there may be something more...
Well without knowing why you are trying to do the reset, I can only guess at a solution. However, since the reset keeps getting stuck, you may want to try and turn off your WiFi (not in the laptop but from the modem/router) or if you cannot, then take the laptop somewhere there is no WiFi for it to try to connect to. Then try the reset.

If the problem is updates, which occurs a lot with Windows 10, then it should finish loading through. Then, once you have got it completely loaded again, turn on the WiFi or take it back to where there is WiFi again.

Windows 10 doesn't do well when any update doesn't install correctly, and can leave you stuck as has happened to you. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then there may be something more going on.

Solution